Love spell for a night of the full moon by Alexis Pauline Gumbs
- Find the moon.
- Ask yourself: how can I love myself deeper, more fully, more completely than I every have before? And then find it: what is the shift you are ready for?
- In the name of that shift, ask a new question.
- Choose a letter of the alphabet that goes with your question (e.g. for a question about trust choose ‘T’)
- Consult the concordance. If the letter of the alphabet you chose has a corresponding Audre Lorde oracle poem, read the poem three times looking in a mirror or directly at the moon.
- If the letter of the alphabet does not have a poem, write a poem using only words that start with that letter of the alphabet. And then read it three times in the mirror or directly at the moon.
- If you are brave, repeat the process asking yourself how can I love _______ (someone other than yourself) deeper, more fully, more completely than I ever have before.
- Repeat as many times as you like.
This ritual was originally published in the Ignota Diary 2021. The Ignota Diary 2022 is available for preorder.
Midsummer is here! To celebrate, we're offering 30% off themed bundles and 25% off all books and totes from Ignota until 25 June.
Themed bundles include The Mystic Bundle, which includes Spells: 21st Century Occult Poetry, States of the Body Produced by Love by Nisha Ramayya and Unknown Language by Huw Lemmey; and The Weird Technology Bundle: Pharmako-AI by K Allado-McDowell, Atlas of Anomalous AI and The White Paper by Satoshi Nakamoto
Books and totes include Unknown Language, Hildegard of Bingen and Huw Lemmey’s mutant of speculative fiction; Atlas of Anomalous AI, a compelling and surprising map of our complex relationship to intelligence; Pharmako-AI, the first book to be co-created with the emergent AI; States of the Body Produced by Love, Nisha Ramayya’s visionary debut; Ursula K. Le Guin’s landmark essay The Carrier Bag Theory of Fiction; The White Paper, Satoshi Nakamoto’s text describing a simple peer-to-peer electronic cash system that would later become Bitcoin; Spells: 21st-Century Occult Poetry, a polyphonic anthology exploring where justice, selfhood and the imagination meet the transformative power of the occult. Also the beloved Culture Is Not Your Friend and Leave Husband, Practice Witchcraft Totes, bags for life.